Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pittsburgh,KS to Chanute,KS


Today was a terribly hot day. I was absolutely exhausted upon reaching the campground in Chanute. While only having gone around 60 miles, I felt like I had gone a whole lot further. I immediately went to Wal-Mart and brought a $2.50 container of strawberry cheesecake Ben & Jerry's ice cream, found me some shade, and chilled out. The temperature was around 100 degrees according to my cycling computer. The humidity was around 60 percent. I felt like I was swimming in the air. I met a couple of cool people biking from San Francisco to the Yorktown. The tailwinds weren't helping them much. The only major problem with Kansas are the crosswinds and the tailwinds. Especially being a large moving object on a bike. There are really no trees in Kansas. Where there are trees you wont feel the wind, but without trees you better hold on tight and enjoy the ride. Also I was talking to this guy at met at Wal-Mart. He told me to beware of the Flint Hills. Whatever that means. Guess I will find out soon enough, I will be riding over them tommorow. I will add more pictures to my blog once I find better wi-fi and batteries for my camera. Here is a picture of my makeshift kitchen.
Peace

-RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment