Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 10 and 11:Marion to Cave in Rock 15 Miles-Cave in Rock to Carbondale,IL:85 Miles

Yesterday was a fairly easy ride. I started riding my bike down to the ferry a little bit earlier to get a head start on the MS group. We rode for a while then we went down to the Ohio River to wait for the ferry to arrive. It took a while for it to cross but it was well worth the wait. Goodbye Kentucky and hello Illinois. When we got off the ferry, a support group made up of family and friends greeted us and gave us watermelon and gatorade. Next we headed to the campground and took hot showers and chilled. After we waited a while, we then head off to the diner to eat. A mom of one of the guys, came down and brought dinner for us! That was sooo nice of her!


Today we biked to Carbondale,IL. We are going to stay here for a day then its back on the road through Illinois onto MO. We took off at 5 am to get a head start on the heat. Today was tough because all of the hills were extremely steep. I was very tired going up these steep mountains. I thought the worst was behind me. When I got to Carbondale, I immediately went to the Phoenix bike shop. The owner was very kind. He hooked me u with some chain lube and he did a quick check over my bike.

Seth, a rider biking with for MS, his parents were very nice to let us stay at their house tonight and tomorrow night. This is soo cool!

Good night check out the video in the next post


rj

No comments:

Post a Comment