Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 9 Utica-Marion



Just woke up from a good night’s sleep at the volunteer fire station in Utica, KY. My companions woke up earlier than I and ate 3 bowls of frosted flakes. Half the box was gone! We are headed off to Sebree, KY about 30 miles away. We will stay in some cyclist lodging there and sleep well! Upon arrival in Sebree we decided to push on ahead to Marion, KY. Once we got there my companions got a hotel and I decided to sleep in the park. While at the park I met Dylan and Devin Clarke. Dylan is my age and Devin is 15. We played some baseball and had a great time with DT, AP, and JP (all names of his friends). They invited me to stay with them for the night. Their mom, Alicia, is a doctor and their dad is a salesman. We had dinner, played some pool, and had a great time. It is so cool how you can meet such nice people while crossing the US by bike. This morning I woke up to the fresh smell of sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits. Now I am steadily typing away trying to play catch up since I have not had internet access in almost 2 weeks.



RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment