Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 1:Cross Country Tour: 88 Miles:Rural Retreat,VA to Rosedale,VA

Today I started from Rural Retreat, VA. My dad drove me out there (no wait! I drove.lol.)from our home in Goochland so that I may meet up with my new cycling group. Before, I had set out to go solo but as the trip neared; my parents became increasingly nervous about the trip. Soon after that, I found a group called “Biking the US for MS”. Basically this is a group of about 22 cyclist each biking across the US to raise money and awareness for Multiple Scroisis. The cyclists are supported by a support van that carries everything the cyclists will need for that day. In addition to the supported cyclist, there are 3 unsupported cyclists including myself. A guy named Pepper and a guy named Rich. We started off from Rural Retreat and ended in Rosedale, VA. We biked approximately 88 miles. The best part of the trip thus far was the long sweeping hill that goes to Damascus. While being a little scared at times going down the hill, I thought that the distance went well. Once in Damascus, Pepper treated us to pizza since it was his home town. It never hurts to have hot pizza waiting for you! From then, we went onto Hyters Mountain, were we forced to bike 4 miles over a very steep mountain, There were absolutely zero flat spots to rest while going up. Upon arrival to the top we received a very warm welcome from the team!

No comments:

Post a Comment