Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 2:Rosedale,VA to Breaks Gap, VA:46 Miles

Today was a interesting day. While the ride was only 46 miles, it was a TOUGH day. I started up the mountain sporting my Fruit 66 Jersey along with pepper and the rest of the group. The first part of the climb was cool because there was not a lot of climbing, mostly downhill with a couple of short uphills. The second part of the climb was nearly IMPOSSIBLE for a fully loaded touring bike. Their was a straight uphill climb that really made me work hard to work my way up. My bike is holding up very well thus far. I haven't had a single repair made!(Knock on wood!) Tomorrow will bring more challenges since we will be biking through the eastern part of Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky is known for its vicious dogs,coal trucks, and high crime rate. We plan on biking right on through Eastern Kentucky in order to get to the western portion of the state ASAP! So far so good. I will be adding more pictures in video when the Wi-Fi gets ALOT faster. Right know I am sitting inside of the Lodge at the Breaks Park campground. Although advertising free wifi, the wifi is slow as dial-up. But I can't complain because I'm on the road biking cross country with a great group of guys and gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment